Winter Green Gala 2019
The Winter Green Gala will celebrate a broad assortment of community and business leaders who support building a sustainable community with environmental improvements, volunteer and community service, urban agriculture and advocacy, fostering a better quality of life where we work.
ALL funds will support programs designed to:
- Educate and restore conservation and restoration events at urban sites in Elizabeth/Union County.
- Create garden spaces in agreed locations
- Become a benefactor of our youth development programs, building skills and uplifting the lives of those from ages 14-24
- Help fund our career development Green Workforce Initiative Program
- Help any of our community gardens thrive
- Provide any general Groundwork support
Come join Cara DiFalco, of Cara’s Cucina, NY Fox 5 and 1010 WINS.
The evening will feature cocktails, dinner, music, silent auction items, entertainment and updates of our programs, as we work with the public and private sectors and the community at large to “Change Places and Change Lives“.
2019 Winter Green Gala Honorees
Union County Spirit of Community Award
Bette Jane Kowalski, Chair of Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders
Business Community Champion
Luis Leiva, Broker, CEO of Culture Estate
Outstanding Youth Champion
Maria Carvalho, Elizabeth Board of Education
City of Elizabeth Spirit of Community
Paul Pasternak, Elizabeth Police Department
Outstanding Conservation Partner
MaryFaith Chmiel, Director of Elizabeth Public Library
Groundwork Volunteer of the Year
Dave Williams, Owner of Williams Nursery
To purchase tickets, click here.